Apply for Internships
The Pennsylvania Democratic Party is always looking for qualified applicants for internships.
The Pennsylvania Democratic Party is looking for part-time and full-time interns for Spring 2014 in their offices in Philadelphia and Harrisburg. Pennsylvania was key state in the 2012 elections, and interns at the Pennsylvania Democratic Party will get the opportunity to take a key role in helping us win more elections and gain practical, hands-on experience in campaigning.
As an intern for the PA Dems, you will work closely with party staff and the major Pennsylvania political campaigns in field, data, fundraising, communications, research, and new media. To apply, click here and fill out the application form COMPLETELY. We will need you to upload your resume, cover letter, and references.
As an intern with the Pennsylvanian Democratic Party, your duties may include:
- transcribing debates, speeches and interviews
- pitching press events to news outlets
- creating content for our website, social media sites, web videos and graphics
- researching political and campaign issues and preparing information to brief candidates
- tracking specific news stories or topics and presenting information to staff
- working with staff to build campaign finance databases by conducting donor research
- calling supporters to invite them to fundraising events
- representing the Party or specific campaigns at special events
- assisting staff with specific outreach and targeting tasks
- recruiting volunteers and participants for voter contact programs and Party-sponsored events
- reporting campaign activities and progress
- aiding in voter protection efforts
- assisting top-targeted campaigns to contact and persuade key voters
- tracking Pennsylvania politicians to keep them accountable
- updating and analyzing our video databases with new material
Previous political experience is a plus, but not required. The Pennsylvania Democratic Party is an equal-opportunity organization – we do not discriminate based on items such as race, gender, or sexual orientation, and encourage people from different backgrounds to apply. Schedules can be arranged on a case-by-case basis. You may be asked to do some weekend work. College credit hours are available for prospective interns, given that they meet the requirements set by the college or institution they attend.