McCormick: “I Don’t Really Care If We’re Not Manufacturing T-Shirts, or Rugs, or a Variety of Other Things…I Don’t Really Care…If Those Jobs Are Elsewhere”
Heartland Signal: “David McCormick Says He Doesn’t Care if Certain Manufacturing Jobs Are Outsourced”
PENNSYLVANIA — During a closed door campaign event, Connecticut hedge fund executive and mega-millionaire David McCormick said “I don’t really care” if certain manufacturing jobs are shipped out of Pennsylvania. This comes after multiple reports of his record of outsourcing and killing jobs.
Listen to the full quote HERE:
McCormick: “So I don’t really care if we’re not manufacturing T-shirts, or rugs, or a variety of other things that aren’t critical to our economy. I don’t really care […] if those jobs are elsewhere.”
Here’s the Truth About David McCormick’s Long Record of Killing Jobs:
- David McCormick cut hundreds of jobs, costing taxpayers millions of dollars.
- McCormick laid off and outsourced more than 400 jobs as CEO of Bridgewater using taxpayer-funded subsidies.
- David McCormick got rich by outsourcing jobs to China and India while laying off workers in Pennsylvania.
- David McCormick has a long record of supporting and enabling outsourcing.
- McCormick taught other companies how to outsource jobs.
- McCormick admitted to – and even bragged about – his record of shipping jobs overseas.
- McCormick invested up to $92 million in companies that outsourced American jobs — over 2,600 of which were in Pennsylvania.
- David McCormick has opposed initiatives aimed at keeping manufacturing jobs in America.
- McCormick said his first priority if elected Senator of Pennsylvania would be to repeal the bipartisan infrastructure law, killing thousands of good-paying jobs in Pennsylvania that the law is projected to create for years to come.
- McCormick criticized “Buy American” provisions.
- McCormick refused to support Trump’s tariffs on China.