Visit NJ put together a list of ways to celebrate New Jersey Day, and we wanted to make sure our favorite New Jersey fraud didn’t miss out
PENNSYLVANIA – Today is national New Jersey Day and we couldn’t help but think of our favorite New Jersey Fraud, Mehmet Oz.
We know Oz is probably trying to figure out how he can best celebrate his home state, and thankfully VistNJ.org published a great list.
Here’s hoping that, no matter how he celebrates, Oz is able to really connect to his New Jersey roots on this national holiday:
18 WAYS TO CELEBRATE NEW JERSEY DAY
- Tour a 65-Foot Pachyderm! A National Historic Landmark, Lucy the Elephant in Margate welcomes you inside for this one-of-a-kind tour. Fun Fact: July 2021 marked Lucy’s 140th birthday!
- Do the Doo-Wop Experience! In another wild and wonderful twist down the shore, you can travel back through time in The Wildwoods. Visit the Doo-Wop Experience Museum and stroll the streets to check out all the fabulously funky mid-century architecture.
- Cruise the Camden Waterfront! Its pretty promenade along the Delaware River invites a leisurely stroll. Looking for more to do? Make some underwater friends at the Adventure Aquarium. Board the Battleship New Jersey. Catch an open-air concert at BB&T Pavilion. And let the kiddos play in the Camden Children’s Garden.
- Navigate the Delaware River! If you prefer to be on the water rather than by the water, hop in a tube for a leisurely float along with the current. Delaware River Tubing in Milford provides all needed equipment, plus a free BBQ meal from the Famous River Hot Dog Man on Adventure Island.
- Live it Up in AC! Whether your idea of a good time is taking in the attractions along America’s oldest and longest boardwalk, trying your luck in the casinos, dining in celebrity chef–owned restaurants or catching some world-class entertainment, Atlantic City is the destination for you.
- Make the Scene in Asbury Park! This seaside resort town boasts so many places with a serious cool factor. You can fill your social media feed with photos taken beside Asbury Park’s famed murals. Grab a drink at Wonder Bar or Asbury Festhalle Biergarten. Rock your world at The Stone Pony or Convention Hall. Or go full tilt at the Silverball Museum Arcade.
- Build Your Own Fun! Bring the family to Diggerland USA—the only construction-themed amusement and water park in the nation, where guests can ride and operate real, specially-engineered machines.
- Love our Landscape! A visit to Duke Farms in Hillsborough opens the door to 1,000 acres of native landscape accessible to the public for hiking, biking, picnicking, geocaching and other outdoor activities.
- Marvel Over Miniatures! All aboard for Northlandz in Flemington to oooh and ahhhh over the world’s largest miniature wonderland. This Guinness World Record holder boasts over 100 trains running on eight miles of track, plus the largest indoor playland in the area and a ride-aboard outdoor train.
- Say “Play Ball!” A must-visit for baseball fans, the Yogi Berra Museum & Learning Center in Little Falls was founded to sustain and promote the values of respect, perseverance, sportsmanship and excellence through inclusive, culturally diverse sports-based educational exhibits and programs.
- Have a Hoagie (or Savor a Sub)! We’re not taking sides on the debate over whether these sandwiches on so-good-they’ll-make-you-weep rolls stuffed with deli meats and cheeses are hoagies or subs. But we are weighing in on where you should get yours—at Carmen’s Deli in Bellmawr or Denaro’s Deli in Dumont.
- Mangia an Italian Hot Dog! Bet you didn’t know this backyard BBQ staple could show off some international flair. But when you use the right roll and smother that humble frank in sauteed onions, peppers and potatoes, it achieves new culinary heights. Get yours at the birthplace of the Italian Hot Dog, Jimmy Buff’s, with locations in Kenilworth and West Orange.
- Pile on the Pork Roll (or Tackle that Taylor Ham)! Yes, this is another hotly contested food name in the Garden State—but only because New Jerseyans are so passionate about our local specialties. Enjoy this pork-based meat on a breakfast sandwich with egg and cheese or lay it on a burger for lunch or dinner. Place your order at White Rose Diner in Linden—where even celebrities rave about the food.
- Feast on a Fat Sandwich! Yet another tantalizing treat in the sandwich category. One rumor credits this creation to a Rutgers University student on a late night foray to the local grease trucks to have an epic sandwich made with all of his fave fried foods. Hit up the original for your fat sandwich at R U Hungry? with locations in New Brunswick and Newark.
- Take a Slice of Trenton-Style Tomato Pie! Think of this tasty dish as pizza’s first cousin. You can treat yourself to a thin, crispy crust, topped with a smattering of mozzarella cheese and a generous layer of crushed tomatoes at DeLorenzo’s in Robbinsville.
- Speaking of Pizza… The experts have spoken. New Jersey is the #1 pizza state—something we’ve known all along. Get your hot and fresh pie from Razza in Jersey City, Nomad Pizza Company with locations in Hopewell and Princeton or at one of Tino’s Artisan Pizza Co.’s multiple shops.
- Enjoy a Bounty of Boardwalk Fare! Stroll the boards of Ocean City for a comfort food fest. Start with a pie from the famed Manco and Manco Pizza then indulge in the sweet treat of your choosing—Kohr Brothers Frozen Custard, Fried Oreos, Funnel Cake or Shriver’s Salt Water Taffy.
- Eat Your Fruits & Veggies! We’re not called the Garden State for nothing. Head to Hammonton—the Blueberry Capitol of the World. (Berry interesting: We’re also known for our cranberries!) Or stop by a roadside farm stand for our famous tomatoes and corn-on-the-cob. Visit Jersey Fresh for where to buy as well as recipes for your fresh finds.