Today, the Pennsylvania Democratic Party Chair released the following statement commemorating Hispanic Heritage Month:
“As National Hispanic Heritage Month begins, we are proud to celebrate the history, achievements, and contributions that Pennsylvania‘s Latino and Hispanic communities have made in our country and in the Democratic Party. Every day, President Biden, Vice President Harris, and Pennsylvania Democrats continue building on the historic results they’ve delivered for Latino communities in Pennsylvania and across the country, including historically low unemployment for Latinos, better access to affordable health care, thousands of new Hispanic-owned small businesses, and more. But MAGA Republicans’ extreme agenda threatens to put this all at risk as they push tax cuts for the ultra-wealthy, cruel immigration policies, and higher health care costs for working families. With so much at stake, Pennsylvania Democrats will continue fighting for Hispanic communities across Pennsylvania and working to reelect President Biden and Vice President Harris to safeguard the progress we’ve made.”
The Biden-Harris Administration is Delivering for Latino and Hispanic Communities:
- The lowest Latino unemployment rate on record and the largest-ever single calendar-year decline in Latino unemployment.
- The fastest creation rate of Hispanic-owned businesses in more than a decade, which was over 20% faster than pre-pandemic levels.
- Improved access to quality, affordable health care.
- Reestablished the White House Initiative on Advancing Educational Equity, Excellence, and Economic Opportunity for Hispanics.
- Began to close the digital divide for Latino families, with funding and a commitment to connect every person in America to reliable, affordable high-speed internet by 2030.
- Helping to create millions of good-paying jobs.