PENNSYLVANIA – President Trump’s ineffective leadership and mishandling of the coronavirus pandemic has led to the worst economic and public health crisis in generations. As President Trump appears before a national audience for one of the last times on the campaign trail tonight when he takes the stage for the final presidential debate, Pennsylvanians — and voters everywhere — still want to hear answers from him on questions like these:
- COVID-19 has claimed the lives of nearly 8,600 Pennsylvanians and yet another study, unveiled just yesterday, again made clear that tens of thousands of COVID-19 deaths could have been prevented if you took the threat of the virus more seriously. After more than six months and 220,000 American deaths, why do you still not have a plan to deal with the virus?
- How can you claim to be a jobs president, yet if your presidency ends today, you would go down as the worst jobs president in American history. Why should Pennsylvanians give you another chance when our unemployment rate continues to exceed the national average?
- In a 60 minutes interview this week, you said that you “hope [the Supreme Court] ends” the Affordable Care Act when they hear your lawsuit the week after the election. Ending it would rip away protections for pre-existing conditions like asthma and diabetes for as many as 5.3 million Pennsylvanians, so how do you still not have a plan to replace that?
- You promised to get tough on China but your trade war has cost the U.S. 300,000 jobs in one year. How do you plan to get those jobs back?
- There are approximately 25,000 fewer Pennsylvanians employed in manufacturing than when you took office. Why have you failed to bring about a manufacturing boom?
- You repeatedly promised to fix our ailing roads and bridges. Why have you not delivered on an infrastructure plan?
- You said that you would bring jobs home from other countries. Why did your tax scam create a loophole that rewards companies for shipping jobs and profits overseas?
- Why do you continue to mock public health experts and ignore scientists when it comes to the coronavirus?
- Earlier this week it was reported that you had a secret Chinese bank account. Is there a reason you paid more in income taxes to the Chinese government than back home in the USA?
- Under your leadership, drug prices have skyrocketed — even for drugs that relate directly to the ongoing pandemic. Why won’t you hold drug companies accountable?
- What do you have to say to the seniors who’d lose their social security benefits if you follow through on your plan to gut the payroll tax?